Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Panagbenga 2008

Wow, another weekend, another event. This weekends event was the Baguio Flower Festival or Panagbenga 2008. I didn't watch the parade last year so I made sure I was there this year, armed with my camera.

I arrived in Baguio around 4am and Waf was already up. They were going to shoot the sunrise so I set my bags down, setup my gear and joined them. We shot from Dominican Hill, and it was friggin cold and the sun was hidden behind thick clouds. Oh well.


So we headed back to town and saw a TV station's coverage of some preliminary Panagbenga activities. Not wanting to waste the morning, we shot there as well. By 10am, I was already awake for 28 hours, so I headed home and slept. We were shooting at the 1st Panagbenga Fashion Awards that night.





Saturday: Street Dancing parade. Not having a press pass, I was limited to shooting from the sidelines. Not a problem. Later that day we visited a gallery opening by George Tapan. He had fantastic shots of the Cordilleras.





Sunday: Rainy Float Parade day. Japanese ethnic drums in the evening





Monday: Studio shoot.


Good weekend...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are talented, you captured every moment perfectly.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very talented..keep it up

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home